Protein whey

Protein whey: A complete guide for beginners


Protein whey is the number of proteins in whey, which is the liquid form left behind after making cheese from milk. Irrespective of other proteins, it has a property of fast digestion.

Making of protein whey

Milk has two types of proteins in it. One is casein, and the other is known as whey. A portion of milk contains only 20% of whey, while the remaining 80% is casein. When we curdled the milk using anything to make cheese, the left behind the watery portion is known as whey. In addition, the water that we commonly observe on top of yogurt is whey. 

However, that watery product is whey and not protein whey. For making it protein whey, it goes through different processing steps. A result is a powdered form that people consume in different forms, like mixing in shakes. For adding a cherry on top, protein whey comes in different flavors. It can help people with balancing the protein in their bodies while they are on a diet. 

 In this article, we will cover:

Types of protein whey

There are three types:

  • Concentrate
  • Isolate
  • Hydrolysate


It is a type of protein whey, which contains most of the nutrients. It has the best flavor among all of the three types of protein whey.


Protein whey isolate has the highest number of proteins in it due to the removal of carbohydrates and fats. It has the property of quick digestion. But it is more expensive than the other two.


It is a type of protein whey, which has the building blocks of proteins. It easily digests into a human body. 

Flavors of protein whey

There are some common flavors of protein whey, which every brand have:

  • The chocolate flavor
  • Cinnamon flavor
  • Peanut butter flavor
  • Cookies and cream flavor
  • Strawberry flavor
  • The vanilla flavor
  • Tropical fruit flavor

Chocolate flavor

The chocolate flavor is the most common one among all the flavors. The reason can be the love of people for chocolate. In addition, it has the power to enhance your mood and give a good glow to your skin. Chocolate flavor gives a good mix in almost every edible item.

Cinnamon flavor

Cinnamon flavor is a treat for people who love cinnamon. Although it is a unique flavor, every brand of protein whey has it due to its ultimate flavor. Once you started consuming cinnamon flavor, no other flavor will be good enough for you. 

Peanut butter flavor

The peanut butter flavor is only for people who love a salty and sweet flavor, and who are not allergic to nuts. If you are not allergic to nuts, then you can vibrate your taste buds with this peanut butter flavor of protein whey. It can enhance the flavor of plain milk and shakes. 

Cookies and cream flavor

You must be thinking about how a powdered form of protein contains the flavor of cookies and cream in it. Protein whey has a taste known as cream and cookies flavor, which is marvelous. You can use this flavor to make desserts and smoothies or to enhance the flavor of your drinkables and meals.

Strawberry flavor

Strawberries are another top of the listed flavor for people who love it. The strawberry flavor of the protein whey can enhance the flavor of your shakes and smoothies. In addition, you can add it to your breakfast meals to make them more sweet and tasty. 

The vanilla flavor

After chocolate, vanilla is the most common and favorite flavor of people. The vanilla flavor of is attracting many people due to its heavenly smell and sweet taste. However, it is not easy to find a vanilla flavor, which will not leave a chalky flavor after consuming, but once you find one, it is hard to switch to another flavor. 

Tropical fruit flavor

Tropical fruit flavor can be any fruit like pineapple, avocado, coconut, and papaya. 


Protein whey has many benefits. Following is a list:

  • Source of high-quality protein
  • Helps in growth of muscles

Source of high-quality protein

Protein whey is not like other forms of protein. It is a high-quality protein, which contains amino acids. In addition, unlike other forms of proteins, it is very easy to digest and keeps a healthy digestive system. 

Helps in growth of muscles

Protein whey is a good source of healthy proteins, which helps in the growth of muscles. You must be thinking of the reason for the growth of muscles. Well, you may be surprised to know that with age, your muscles will start declining. As a result, you may get fat.

Best protein whey products 

Following are the two best protein whey products on Amazon:

  • Vanilla pure protein isolate powder by Magnum

It has a weight of four pounds. It helps in building muscles, reducing fatigue, good digestion, and much more. 

  • Whey protein powder by Optimum nutrition

It is packed with the isolates of protein whey. The seller suggested to consume a quantity of one gram every day by mixing with supplements or meals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like