If you are busy at work or stuck at home than that is no excuse to not take care of your body. In fact all the work that you do, you do it to keep your body and mind healthy and happy. If you feel like you cannot work out because you are staying at home than we are here to change that for you. We have the list of 10 equipment free exercises that you can perform at home to keep your body fit and healthy.
Table of Contents
One of the most effective exercises is planking it helps you lose weight and strengthens your core and doing plank regularly for 1-3 minutes helps you lose weight. Plank has many positions but about all of them originate from one position known as standard plank.
Standard plank can be performed by lifting up your body on your toes and palms. You also have to keep your head and your spine in a line and the width of your arms should have a width a little greater than your shoulders. This is similar to a push-up position. Planks rank from easy to intense depending on the posture which include:
- Side plank
- Medicine ball plank
- Knee plank
- Forearm plank
- Single leg plank
Push-up might seem like a traditional and common exercise but it has a lot of benefits for your body:
- builds your upper body strength
- Give a proper shape to your chest, shoulders and arms.
- strengthens your lower back and core
Squats are a lower body exercise. If you are doing squats for the first time than you should do 1-3 sets with 10 reps each. And also take rest for about 30-40 seconds between each set. To perform a squat you should follow the following steps:
- Open your legs to about the width of your shoulders
- Put your hands straight out to balance your body
- By keeping your chest up move your hips down and up repeatedly
Lunges are also a lower body exercise and it helps in strengthening of the muscles of your hips and around your knees. If you are doing the lunges for the first time then you should to 10 repetitions at the same side than move to the other side. You can increase the repetitions according to your comfort level as your body gets used to them. To perform the lunges you have to follow these steps:
- Put one leg out at a comfortable distance and keep the knee of your front leg behind the toes of your front foot.
- When you are lowering yourself down always keep your chest down and keep looking forward.
While performing this exercise your movement should be slow.
Jumping jacks is an exercise in which you have to jump into a position in which your legs will be wide open with your arms stretching upwards and then returning to your original standing position.
Doing this exercise at home will help you lose a lot of calories and it can also be performed as a warming up exercise for your workout at home.
Sit–ups are an exercise similar to crunches. To perform sit-ups you have to start by lying down and lifting your torso. Sit–ups are an abdominal exercise. They strengthen your abdominal muscles and help you get a tighter tummy. Sit–ups promote a good posture and also work on your hips, chest and neck. In addition to all these benefits they also increase your flexibility and reduce stress.
Bicycle is an exercise which is similar to riding a bicycle but instead you have to do it in a lying position at home. To perform this exercise you have to follow some simple steps:
- Lie on your back
- Put your feet in the air and bent your knees
- Now start moving your legs in the motion that is similar to riding a bicycle.
While performing this exercise remember to place your hands under your neck.
High knee is a cardio exercise which is performed at a high pace. This exercise requires you to jog in a place by lifting your knees as high as possible. This strengthens your leg muscles and improves coordination and flexibility.
To perform calf raises you would have to follow the following steps:
- Face a wall and place your palms against it
- Now raise your toes and back down
Calf raises improves the strength of your gastrocnemius.
Side bride helps you get a flat stomach and perfectly toned hips. To perform this exercise you have to follow the following steps:
- Lie on one side of your body
- Rest your forearm on the floor by keeping your elbow exactly under your shoulder.
- Lift your body up on the forearm by keeping your body in a line.
If you want to be in shape while staying at home and using zero equipment then these exercises are your guide.